Opinionated Solutions to Life's Problems

Lots of opinions, Lots of options, Lots of hidden answers to Life's convulated questions.

Name:
Location: California, United States

LIKES: India, Music, Math, Dance, Advertising, Statistics, Optimism, Dreams, Strong opinions, Rains, Bike rides, Caribbean Sea, Jamaica, Waterfalls, Swimming, Stray dogs, Full moon, Tagore, F.R.I.E.N.D.S., Junglee sandwich, Phone talks, Jasmine flowers, Short work meetings, Fridays & Saturdays, Chocolate ice-cream at mid-night. HATES: Sweet tongued liars & Bitter tongued liars

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

O Saathi Re, Vishal You rock!

Just heard the songs of Omkara. I liked Beedi Jalayke ;) but I loved O saathi re. It has been sung by Shreya Ghoshal and Vishal Bharadwaj; who is the Director and Music Director of this movie.

I always knew Shreya Ghoshal was talented but Vishal's rustic and mature voice came as a pleasant surprise. His voice is so earthy, so full of passion that I almost cried listening to his paragraphs.

This particular composition has been picturized on Kareena and Ajay and is loosely based on Raag Gujri Todi- which is a melancholy Indian classical raga; one of my favorites.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O Saathi Re....Amazing song, amazing voice...Vishal really rocks!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Ajj Kaim Singh said...

I love he title song too...the beat is amazing....and I can even do Bhangra on that song's beats :-)

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home